|WHA shared the following advocacy alert with their supporters:
On Monday, July 27th, the Ann Arbor City Council will re-consider a resolution about placing an affordable housing millage on the ballot in November 2020, and we need your help to ensure voters are able to decide on it!
The proposed millage would support building, maintaining, and acquiring housing permanently affordable to low-income households making no income up to 60% of Area Median Income (AMI) and providing social services for the residents of such housing.
Please help us to ensure this millage will appear on the November 2020 ballot by reaching out to Ann Arbor City Council Members by way of writing a personal email or making a personal phone call. By providing a personal message about why this is so important to you, your opinion will more likely be heard!
Details about the City Council Meeting on Monday, 7/27
- Meeting Agenda can be found here
- Agenda Item DC-1 is the Resolution to Order Election and to Determine Ballot Question for Charter Amendment for the 2021 Affordable Housing Millage (7 Votes Required)
Contact City Council Members
- Click here to search for Individual Council Member Emails and Phone Numbers OR
- Click here to email All Council Members at Once
- Ask Council to Vote YES on DC-1; make your message personal
Want to learn more about the millage proposal?